- Large two-story home has four bedrooms and a generous front proch. A home with an open family dining and kitchen area overlooking the rear yard
- the two-car garage has direct access to the muc room and powder room with an opening window
- the standard plan features a private quite space retreat off the front entry alonw with a home offic/den (in reality, we will probably use the front "quiet space" room as an office and the middle room as a TV/toy room.)
- an oversized great room includes a fireplace and is open to the second floor
- A large master retreat occupies one end of the secon floor. It features a vaulted ceiling, two large his/hers closets and a five-piece master bath with double sinks
- An oversized laundry facility comes complete with a large linen closet
- Three generous bedrooms have easy access to a common bathroom
What are we missing in this design that we would have had in the house designed by Linda Chapman?
- No mudroom off the front door so I can already imagine how messy it will be
- no walk-out basement
- less interesting architecturally
- the vision of the whole land and how the house integrates into it is not as strong as with Linda's house.
Otherwise, though, this house has all of the features we wanted and with a decent landscaping budget we can integrate the back garden into the home more effectively.